Click here for a visual demonstration.
- The completely automatic Guardian transfer switch monitors incoming voltage from the utility line - around the clock.
- When utility power is interrupted, the automatic transfer switch immediately senses the problem and signals the generator to start.
- The automatic transfer switch then safely closes off the utility line and simultaneously opens a new power line from the generator.
- Within seconds, your Guardian generator system begins supplying electricity to the critical emergency circuits of your home or business. The transfer switch continues to monitor the utility line conditions.
- When the automatic transfer switch senses the utility line voltage has returned at a steady state, it re-transfers the electrical load back to the utility line and resumes monitoring for subsequent utility loss. The generator will continue to run for a cool-down period of several minutes while the entire system stands ready for the next power outage.